Thursday 15 April 2010

VEET WAX STRIP

I tried something new.  I finally got to wax my underarms for the first time, professionally done, a few months ago.  It felt lovely knowing that everything is clear and clean.  But to go and get the subsequent waxing hasn't been favourable to me.  But I want...  But kenot.  Bekos... Bekos...  I have to rush for time.  Always have to rush for time.  Don't even have time to go for a run when the mood comes.  Aih.

Ok. Nemind. 

So baru ni we went to the pharmacy and found la Veet Waxing Strips.  Moonie mentioned this to me some time back.  Tapi sebenarnya I jarang jumpa.  [Ke sebab aku selalunya Supermarket Sweep, Pharmacy Sweep dan Kedai Eskem Sweep?]  Then bila jumpa, terus masuk dalam bakul Encik Black berisi 4 biji air botol tu dengan the strips AND night serum... and a couple of eyebrow pencils...  menyebabkan kejutan kurang waras padanya.  "Macam mana boleh jadi seratus lebey ni?  I ambik 4 botol air je [konpius]...??".

Finally after few days and nights, I took the time to try it last night.  Okay...  The directions were more for waxing your kaki, not underarm.  So from what I HAD TO GO THROUGH last night, I'll sum it up here:

Directions for Kaki Waxing
STEP ONE/   Rub the strip between your hands for 5 seconds to warm it.

STEP TWO/  Separate the strips, stick it on, gently rub in the direction of your hair [gosok dari atas ke bawah ler tu maknanya]

STEP THREE/  Pull the strip up against the direction of your hair growth [tarik dari bawah ke atas]

STEP FOUR/  To re-use the strip, just place the two strips together again and begin from Step One again.

I pun tried to follow the instructions la.  But these were what I had to endure:

ONE/  After several tries, I got frustrated that a lot of wax was wasted and little hair was caught.  I followed the instruction without much common sense.  The whole strip was half the size of Readers' Digest.

TWO/  Within the first few tries, my underarms were sticking to my torso from the wax.

THREE/  Lecetan cinta lilin.

FOUR/  The bathroom, over the sink looking into the mirror is THE right place to do it!

So after I was done with the first strip, thinking like an engineer [cecewah... ala.  bagi la chan], I came up with these solutions.  They helped a lot.  Here are my tips for those who wants to try:

SATU/  Rub the strip between your hands for 5 seconds to warm it.  You can even place it on your belly.  It's more thoroughly warmed that way, easier and faster.

DUA/  Cut the strips into smaller sizes.  It's easier to handle.  And tak la ko sakit ati tengok bila strip tu wax je banyak melekat, bukannya your underarm hair.

TIGA/  As the instruction goes, urut in the direction dari atas ke bawah ikut jatuh hair tu and pull the strip against the direction.

FOUR/  Have at least wet wipes ready.

Tapi kan, setelah mengharungi pelbagai jenis cabaran malam itu, I noticed there was a mention on the box that you should have one more product macam wet wipes jugak to get rid of the wax residue.  That you MUST get when you want to get the wax strips sebab when everything's off and you have abrassions oredi, everything else will hurt and products will sting them. 

On my part, my abrassions are quite bad.  Plus the wax residue was there and I didn't know what to do about it.  Cuci ngan sabun je tak hilang.  No matter how much bubbles you get from it pun. 

I had to put lotion first, wash it off with soap and warm water, then loads of powder.  And when I woke up this morning, I had a painful time bathing, getting ready and moving.  The thing is that from my earlier errors, itu armpit sudah melecet.

Doing it yourself is NOT same with getting someone else to do it for you.  Obviously...  [Eyes rolling] 

But it's an individual option to try.  For referrals, I hope these links would be able to help you:

1. First time users

2. Then after surfing for information, I realised that the pictures had the Finish Wipes with them. 

Veet Waxing Strips

Photo may be subject to copyright taken from Web.

Soklan:
Uh.  Adakah aku seorang bonda yang tidak perasan dan kena buat semua benda cepat juga terpaksa mekak panggil bapak budak amik anak dara dia yang tengah sopannya take out from the plastik besau, then plastic kecik asyik dengan dok peel off ALL my sanitary napkins while I did it?

Jawapannya:
YE.

Aside of all this, I love the scent on this thing.  No worries of the smell from the hair removal cream.  And from all of this long kompisi haram, I hope your first time trying would be much better than mine!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hai nadia...sy terjumpa blog awk ni time carik info pasal veet wax strip ni..

td sy gi beli...dan dah cuba kat underarm..situasi nya hmpir sama spt yg awk lalui..wax tu tak melekat pada underarm hair...jadi..tidak ada apa2 yg 'tertarik' pada strip..

sekarang sy dah kecewa...dan rasa membazir membelinya...:(

ada any tips untuk memastikan wax tu berkesan?

tqvm..

-shakira-

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

Hi Shakira!

Potong wax tu dalam smaller strips dalam besar lebar ruler. Letakkan strip yang tak terbukak lagi tu dekat perut sebab dia nak kena suam-suam sikit. Then tarik asingkan 2 keping tu dan lekat. Kena tarik strip tu ikut lawan arah rambut. So kalau rambut lunjur ke bawah, you tarik strip tu dari bawah ke atas. And you have to do it fast. It's kinda of like... "Zap! Zap! Zap!" Bukan slow-slow ya.

It's actually trial and error bila part stripping the hair. Just try sebab kengkadang pun rerambut tu pandai buat perangai sendiri. He he.

Kalau at any point, underarm tu dah terasa panas, cukup-cukuplah. That means dah nak hampir melecet dah tu. Terus, sila letak bedak sejuk kat ketiak tu.

I hope it helps.

Come back if you have any other question.

Nadia.Is.Cute

Anonymous said...

oic..then i will try it again..

kena tarik cepat2 ek??? mula2 td, sy buat slow motion..sebab takut...hahaha :)

tp..then sy tarik cepat2..kesannya tidaklah spt yg diharapkan..sbb wax tu tak grip kuat kat rmbut..maybe sbb rambut tebal sgt..:)

anyway..tq a lot nadia for sharing dis info...

nanti, kalau dah 'berjaya', i will let u know..

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

Ya Darling...

Perasaannya adalah seperti kit cabut guna tweezer 27 helai rerambut tu sekaligus.

Kalau rambut banyak, lebih senang la I rasa. Takpe. This is considered your trial and error.

Nadia.Is.Cute

Anonymous said...

hi nadia...this is i'm again :)
veet wax strip, nmpaknya tak sesuai dgn kulit sy...selama beberapa hari..kulit area underarm menjadi merah..dan it felt very itchy especially at the night...

sampai skrg pun kesan merah masih ada, dan sedikit berkurgn..

wow..effect veet ni sgt kuat pada kulit sy..jd kulit sy ni dlm kategori sensitive skin rupanya..

emm...takda jodoh dgn veet...thanks nadia sbb sudi bg advice..nmpaknya kena guna produk lain..

k, hv a nice day..

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

Hi Shakira!

Sorry to hear about your skin reaction.

You ada tak pakai the small white residue remover? Dia ada dalam kotak tu. Small white colour packets. Open one and you use that one to remove the wax residue.

Maybe sebab you tak baca a follow up blog after this entry. It explained that you have to use that. Kalau tak memang melekat je ketiak tu. And possibly that's the reason why ketiak tu merah.

Intially pun I tak perasan the small packets. It took me days of research baru realize that menatang tu MEMANG ADA dalam the whole sekampit tu.

Balik nanti you have a look. In case you missed it. At least, maybe it's a reason to the skin reaction. Again, just in case you missed it.

But seriously, between buat sendiri dengan pi buat kat kedai... I would pay more and have it done at the shop. Confirm kalo tak bersih ketiak aku tu, boleh je lesing tuan kedai tu kan? :)

Nadia.Is.Cute

Ni Je Yang Ada

Watikah hari ini adalah... Lama nak matey tak update.  Tak tau apa nak update.  Ada ke orang baca blog ni?   Dah takde dah gambar-gambar beb...